People’s Basic Needs Are Met
This goal is about helping to meet the basic needs of the most vulnerable people in our community. Poverty is associated with many barriers to individual and community well-being including lower levels of physical and mental health, less access to nutritional foods, educational opportunities and poorer living conditions.
People have access to basic needs and emergency community services.
- People have access to basic needs and emergency community services.
- Emergency and affordable nutritious food provision
- Knowledge and skills building regarding nutrition, food preparation, and managing food insecurity
- Access to emergency shelters and/or transitional housing
- Emergency support for those affected by addictions and mental health challenges
- Supports to find safe and stable housing
- Programs that offer low-cost or no cost transportation.
Outcomes for people:
People’s basic needs are met through:
- Enough healthy food
- Emergency shelter and short-term housing
- Emergency mental health and addiction services
- Transportation to get to where they need to go